European Travel Pack
Keeping you on the move abroad.
If an employee wants to drive a Lex Autolease vehicle in Europe, appropriate documentation and permission is required. We can provide this along with other benefits through our European Travel Pack.
While there is a legal obligation to notify us that the vehicle is being taken overseas, our service also provides Breakdown Assistance and support while the vehicle is outside of the UK. It also keeps your drivers mobile and legal overseas.
We handle all enquiries for european travel packs through our driver helpline. Details of what we include are found below;
European Travel Pack includes:
- Issue of a Vehicle On Hire certificate and Letter of Authority; drivers must notify the travel desk of their intention to travel at least 10 days before departure
- Breakdown Assistance with recovery to and from UK ports
- Recovery to the nearest appropriate garage while abroad
- Order and dispatch of spare parts
- Onward travel costs
- Vehicle break-in damage cover
- Repatriation, if the vehicle cannot be repaired in time for homeward travel
- Cost of travel and accommodation for one person to return to collect the vehicle
- Legal expenses cover
- Our dedicated helpline is available Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm, Saturday 8.30am - 5pm, and Sunday 10am - 4pm
How it works
If you currently have Breakdown Assistance within your fleet contract with us, our European Travel Pack service is included free of charge with your cover. If you do not have Breakdown Assistance with us, we can provide a quote for the service based upon journey destination and duration.