Here are the significant dates in Lex Autolease's history over the last 50 years.
Drag the slider to switch between decades.
- North West Securities Ltd is bought by Bank of Scotland for £700,000 allowing the bank to enter the vehicle finance market.
- Lex Service acquired British Colonial Motors to enter the contract hire business.
- Autolease Limited founded, owned by Britax International who owned Bristol Street Motors.
- Lex Service acquired Controlled Cost Motoring.
- North West Securities Ltd acquires Capital Finance Company Ltd.
- Lex Service became known as Lex Vehicle Leasing.
- North West Securities Ltd signs JV with Renault Credit International to form what becomes Renault Financial Services.
- Lex Vehicle Leasing sets up Lombard Contract Hire.
- Capital Vehicle Contracts a JV between North West Securities Ltd and Highway Vehicle Finance is formed.
- Lex Vehicle leasing acquires Public Sector leasing Company Fleetdrive.
- North West Securities Ltd is granted a Banking Licence and becomes NWS Bank plc.
- Godfrey Davis Contract Hire is bought by NWS Bank plc.
- Capital Vehicle Contracts becomes NWS Contract Hire.
- NWS Bank plc takes over management of First Mutual Contracts from Bank of Wales.
- NWS Bank plc changes it's name to Capital Bank plc.
- NWS Contract Hire becomes Capital Bank Vehicle Management.
- Autolease limited acquired by ACL (Automotive Contract Leasing).
- ACL rebrands as ACL Autolease and ACL Motorentt.
- Halifax plc and RAC sign a 50/50 ownership agreement for Lex Vehicle Leasing.
- Lombard Contract Hire changes it's name to Lex Vehicle Partners.
- ACL Autolease acquired by Lloyds TSB Asset Finance division in 2000.
- Godfrey Davis Contract Hire and First Mutual Contracts merge to trade as Godfrey Davis Contract Hire.
- ACL Autolease is rebranded Lloyds TSB Autolease.
- Black Horse Vehicle Management, created to support Lloyds TSB and UDT joint venture business is fully integrated into Lloyds TSB Autolease.
- Godfrey Davis and Capital Bank Vehicle Management merge to create Bank of Scotland Vehicle Finance.
- First National Vehicle Contracts acquired by Lloyds TSB Asset Finance.
- First National Vehicle Contracts fully integrated into Lloyds TSB Autolease.
- Full ownership of Lex Vehicle Leasing passed to HBOS from Aviva.
- Bank of Scotland Vehicle Finance merged with Lex Vehicle Leasing and rebranded to Lex.
- Lloyds TSB Group plc was renamed Lloyds Banking Group plc, following the acquisition of HBOS plc.
- Lloyds TSB Autolease and Lex are merged to become Lex Autolease.